Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mixed bag.

So, continuing on yesterday's candy theme, I stumbled upon the ur-candy blog, and I now have a new hero. The way my feelings for this blog's author can be described most accurately is how (stay with me, this is a complicated metaphor) Poncho, the dog from the Pooch Cafe comic strip, feels about Takeru Kobayashi, the world champion hot dog eater.

A combination of awe, envy, and hero-worship.

Candy Blog is amazing. I'm a sugar junkie, but this takes it to a whole other level.

What I like about this blog is that it a) doesn't have any of that whining about how the golden days of American candy are over, to which I will point out a lot of nostalgic American candies were actually fairly gross, and the average consumer can get much more stuff, from many more places, much cheaper than ever before and b) isn't elitist in the slightest. The author, Cybele May, just eats, and eats, and eats candy, any type of candy, and then tells you how she feels about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment